If you have insights on the needs of grassroots organizing, or are involved in a community effort for COVID-19, we want to hear from you! If you are willing to participate in a 60-minute phone interview with a member of our team, please let us know here.
Additionally, we hope you might help us to find others who understand their needs, including organizers themselves. If there is somebody else you feel we might speak to, please forward this message, or let us know how we can reach them.
We’re particularly interested in efforts where the answer is “yes” to all of the following questions:
- Is the effort responding to a need that has come up because of COVID-19?
- Is it significantly different from what the group was doing before the pandemic?
- Is it being organized by people who had not worked together in any serious way before?
- A group of professional coaches got to talking over professional networks, and are now coordinating volunteers to offer free support sessions to frontline medical workers and their families.
- Dog owners who knew each other from the local dog park are organizing pet visits to shut-ins and vulnerable members in their community.
- Concerned parents have developed a free food pantry where community members can drop off or “shop” for canned goods and other packaged foods.
Be well, be smart ______ stay apart!