Did you know that we have a secondary mission to support spontaneous leaders who are stepping up in a crisis? At this time, we don’t have the resources to look for people who might benefit from our support, but a few people have found their way to us.
One of them is Mesut Bilgili who is starting “Life After Disaster,” seeking to connect survivors of the recent horrendous earthquakes in Turkey with the expertise and resources they will need as they begin to rebuild. Here is what he had to say about his efforts (and the benefits of getting a little encouragement from us).
——– Forwarded Message ——–
Subject: Life After Disaster Update Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 15:00:02 +0000 From: Mesut Bilgili To: Susanne Jul
We had a productive week, and I want to update you on where we are currently and where we are headed. I anticipate thanking you more than a few times along the way 😊.
- We created a small volunteers group in a short time. There are 22 local individuals directly supporting us at the moment. I am not counting the international contacts.
- We assigned a coordinator for Hatay region.
- I met with Jasmine, Jennifer, and Thomas, and all of them were very helpful. Although Jasmine’s platform is not yet ready, she introduced me to a lot of resources. Thomas provided us with coaching on how to kickstart our efforts and what to pay attention to. Jennifer has been a great support throughout. She’ll support in any and every way she can. I can’t thank you enough for this.
- We are forming an advisory board, and Jennifer has accepted to join it. Once again, thank you. Her involvement will open new doors for us when we need it most.
- We have distributed essential goods to 50 families. While our focus for the upcoming weeks will remain on addressing immediate needs, our main goal is to develop and support projects that will have long-term benefits.
- We will start working on a book called “Life After Disaster,” which will feature both expert opinions and first-hand survivor accounts. It will be used to create awareness and raise funds
- We will organize a roundtable to discuss “Building Back Better” for the affected region. I believe it is crucial to define clear goals before investing in any projects.
Would you be interested in joining our advisory board as a leadership advisor and helping us encourage people to take responsibility? I have already mentioned your organization and explained your 7 steps in the presentations I give. The help we will need is mostly knowledge and advice-based.
Since I can’t thank you enough for all the encouragement and support, Susanne, I appreciate everything you’ve done.